I believe that a sustainable path is possible, and I believe that I can change the world by embodying sustainability.
Four years ago, I made a choice that led me to who I am and where I am today. I enrolled in a PhD program.
Three years ago, a friend told me that I was brave and could be happy.
Two years ago, a supervisor told me I had lost my way and in so doing, he set me free.
One year ago and a half, I moved to Massachusetts.
The person I am today is reminiscent of the person I was four years ago, but there are differences.
- My hair is shorter.
- My hair is frizzier because I live in Massachusetts where it is hot and humid in the summer.
- I wear nail polish and dangly earrings to work because I can.
- I live alone.
- I listen to my body.
- I still bite my fingernails when I get nervous.
- I still don’t like cities, though there is a big place in my heart for Lowell.
- I play ukulele.
- I write songs.
- I believe that every person’s story has value and that every person is an artist.
I would not be here without the recognition and support of others who gave me permission to be here. I would not be here without individuals who made me feel less than valuable.
Each day, I make choices about the way I want to interact with the world around me.
I am learning that one person can make a world of difference for another person.
I am trying to effect positive change.
My being can change the world.
My being is changing the world
My way of being is change.
I am only one person.
I believe that change can begin with one person.